Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Blue Chair

The Blue Chair

Today, we graduated to the blue chair.

Ok, this might not sound exciting to many people but for me it is cause for celebration.  My son asked me today 'will you be outside the door or in the blue chair'.  I am in the blue chair.  See, the blue chair is downstairs, not outside my son's second story bedroom door.  The blue chair is in front of the t.v.  The blue chair is freedom. 

If I am in the blue chair I can talk on the phone without worrying so much that my children are listening.  If I'm in the blue chair I can run to the kitchen really fast.  If I'm in the blue chair, I am one BIG step further away from my son.  I am in the blue chair.

In the past year I have seen my son progress so much.  He is working hard on becoming independent.  He works on picturing me at home or in the car.  He is working on feeling safe and confident.  He is doing great.

He is doing great, but the blue chair... the blue chair is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment